Windestine Swimming With the Sharks

10:28 AM

I'm sad to say that sea is the last of the Land, Sea & Sky collection by Windestine. I figured we would end these reviews on a blue note. 

Windestine - Swimming with The Sharks

Swimming With The Sharks consists of "white diamonds, medium & tiny gunmetal hexagons, and blue/turquoise glitter in various shades, shapes & sizes." I absolutely adored this polish! I'm a huge blue glitter fan and this was no exception! Windestine really made me a fan of diamond glitter. It's not that I wasn't a fan of it before, I just never had any that wowed me...until now.


Left to right: 1 coat, 2 coats, 3 coats




This is three coats of Swimming With The Sharks. This is as much coverage as I would want with this polish. You get to see the different glitters still. When there are several glitters of different color, shape and size I want to be able to see some of them all. If the polish covers the whole nail you don't get to see all the lovely glitter that makes up the polish. This is the perfect coverage for a polish like this if you don't use a color as the base. 


See what I mean?




Once again I forgot to take a picture of the bottles I used for the bases. From pinky to thumb: Hard Candy - Sky, Julep - Jessica, Finger Paints - Blue Raspberry Taffy, Tip Top Nails - Astronaut and Cult Nails - Nevermore. 


This is two coats of Swimming With The Sharks over two coats of Hard Candy - Sky. Sky is a pale blue with major shimmer and iridescence to it. I was hoping the iridescence would show through Swimming With The Sharks and just add a little oomph, but that wasn't the case. Nothing wrong with this pairing, it just didn't do what I expected it to do. 


This is two coats of Swimming With The Sharks over two coats of Julep - Jessica. Jessica is a pastel blue and is absolutely lovely. This pairing was much more flattering for Swimming With The Sharks. I love that you can see every speck of glitter on it even though it's such a light blue. By far my favorite combination


This is two coats of Swimming With The Sharks over two coats of Finger Paints - Blue Raspberry Taffy. Blue Raspberry Taffy is almost a robin's egg blue. I thought this would be a fun combination since the blue is so off from anything in Swimming With The Sharks, but Blue Raspberry Taffy didn't flatter Swimming With The Sharks at all. 


This is two coats of Swimming With the Sharks over two coats of Tip Top Nails - Astronaut. Astronaut is a beautiful blue foil. This picture doesn't do this combination justice. You can't see a lot of the glitter in the picture, but in person it was beautiful. I wish I would have gotten some of the diamonds on the nail. 


This is two coats of Swimming With The Sharks over two coats of Cult Nails - Nevermore. I was surprised I didn't like this one. Nevermore just swallowed the glitter in Swimming With The Sharks. It took away the sparkle. I can't say "What's the point of having glitter if it doesn't sparkle?" because I love matte glitter, but when it's supposed to sparkle and it doesn't, it's just disappointing. 


Yup, Windestine did it again. A beautiful glitter top coat with a great formula and no issues whatsoever.  Yes, I'll Fly With You is my favorite of the three, but I truly loved all 3 polishes. The Land, Sea & Sky collection is beautiful and versatile. They transform with each wear. I love a polish that transforms instantly like that. You learn the classic ways that you will always wear it, but then there are those that just surprise you. I can't wait to find out what other ways these will surprise me! You can find the lovely Swimming With The Sharks over at Big Cartel for $8. If you're a blue glitter lover...don't pass this one up!


**This product was provided by the manufacturer for my honest review. All opinions are my own.**

Happy Polishing!!

Becky   :o)

You Might Also Like

0 comments