Review - Maisie Shine - Bellini

12:34 AM

Lindsey at Maisie Shine sent me a bottle of the beautiful Bellini to review. I was so excited when I saw which polish she sent. It's absolutely gorgeous in the bottle, but once it was on my nails I was in love. I really didn't know what to expect with this polish. It's a shimmery, sheer, pale peach with gold holo hex glitter and gold micro glitter, so my first worry was, "How sheer is this going to be?" In the end, I never needed to worry. This is a gorgeous color. On it's own, it was perfect in 3 coats, and stunning in 1 coat over a nude base. I even tested it over 10 different colors to see what it would look like. By the end, I was definitely wanting to hunt down a peach bellini to drink (even though I don't really drink).



**WARNING PICTURE HEAVY**


Maisie Shine - Bellini


Glitter shot!!


Bare nails (no base coat) Left to right: 1 coat, 2 coats, 3 coats


Zoya - Shay The color I used for my nude base coat.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Shay. Love this combination! It's simple and refreshing and really quite perfect. 
  


You can see the holo in the hex glitter here.


Look at all the glitter i got in 1 coat!


I wanted to try Bellini over a few different nude/peachy/orange colors. I was just testing so I didn't clean up. So pay no attention to the mess.



Sally Hansen - Smooth & Perfect - Dune, OPI - Pistol Packin' Pink, Sally Hansen - Smooth & Perfect - Sorbet, Julep - Hayden and OPI - Apricotcha Cheating

The above polishes are on my left hand in order of pinky to thumb.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Sally Hansen - Smooth & Perfect - Dune. Dune is a sheer sand color. This is the closest thing to a naked nail as you can get without it being naked or clear. Bellini looks great over it, but there's still VNL after 3 coats of polish. Pretty, but a no go for me.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of OPI - Pistol Packin' Pink. I really don't know if you could seriously call Pistol Packin' Pink a pink. It is really more of a skin tone. But then, I guess sometimes skin tones can be pinky. Well, it's a nude with a pinkish hue to it then. To me, if it says pink it should be pink, but whatever, we aren't talking about it, we're talking about Bellini. This is a good combination. It's slightly more opaque than Dune, but I think Shay is still my go to color out of the nudes.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Sally Hansen - Smooth & Perfect - Sorbet. Sorbet is a creamy, sheer orange. It's beautiful! This was the first color I was drawn to in the Smooth & Perfect line. I saw this color and I could practically taste a Yoplait creamsicle Whips yogurt. It's so yummy! But then there's the sheer problem. That's not what I was wanting with this. As beautifully as they pair together, there's still VNL after 3 coats. 


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Julep - Hayden. In the bottles, Hayden and, the above, Sorbet are VERY similar. But COMPLETELY different on the nail. Hayden is the creme opaque version of Sorbet. This combination was pretty, but I feel like it took away from Bellini's beauty. Hayden kind of took over and I didn't want that.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of OPI - Apricotcha Cheating. I LOVE Apricotcha Cheating. This would definitely be my go to color if I wanted a peachy color under Bellini. Apricotcha Cheating is a perfect apricot creme. And this pairing was a match made in heaven! I almost wish I did this as a full mani for the day instead of with Shay. ALMOST! 

I thought it would be fun to try Bellini over a few colors you might not immediately think of layering with it. Once again, I was just testing so I didn't clean up. So please don't pay attention to the mess.


Rimmel London - English Rose, Ulta - Hot Spot, Max Makeup Cherimoya - Matte.n.a - Western, Essie - Mochacino and Wet n Wild - Wild Shine - Black Creme.

The above colors are used on my right hand in order of pinky to thumb.

1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Rimmel London - English Rose. English Rose is a true dusty pink/rose creme. It's beautiful. I thought this was a fun combination. The peachy shimmer was so pretty over the dusty rose. I would probably use this combo as accent nails with the Bellini/Shay combo.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Ulta - Hot Spot. Hot Spot is still a dusty rose color, but it's more on the brown side than English Rose is. It was pretty, but I probably won't do this combo again.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Max Makeup Cherimoya - Matte.n.a - Western. Western is a creamy pink chocolate matte polish. (I'm in LOVE with this line and desperately want to get ALL 32 colors.) The shimmy peach and pinky brown were surprisingly pretty together. I might use this again with something else, maybe as an accent nail, but I'm still iffy on if it was really me or not.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Essie - Mochacino. Mochachino is a shimmery taupe grey color. Bellini is gorgeous and I didn't like this combo. I'm just going to leave it at that.


1 coat of Bellini over 2 coats of Wet n Wild - Wild Shine - Black Creme. I really want to try this combo again. I loved the look of it and i think it'd make a great accent nail. The way the black really shows off the true base color of Bellini is stunning. 


All in all, Bellini is a HIT!! It applies like a dream, there is no fishing for glitter or having to do several coats so you can feel like you have glitter on your nail. PLUS, the glitter floats in the bottle effortlessly. No sinking! Another great thing about this glitter, it wasn't a complete pain to take off. In LOVE!! 

If you would like to purchase Bellini, you can get it here for $9.00. Check out what else they have to offer or keep up with news here

**DISCLAIMER - This product was sent to me for an honest review.**

You Might Also Like

2 comments