NOTD - Grimm-ery Glitter!!

5:18 PM

Today, when Maggie went down for her nap, I took the opportunity to catch up on last week's episode of Grimm and do my nails. I'm really loving this show and the darkness in it, when normally I have a special place in my heart for teen shows (don't ask me why, I do not know). After my bright orange mani yesterday, I decided to go the opposite direction... dark and mysterious. Not a great mani, my cuticles are now dyed red. Clean up was a B!*&@! And still didn't get everything. I'm definitely investing in a clean up brush this weekend! 


Back to the mani... I knew this would be a perfect reason to use my new China Glaze Lubu Heels! 

**side note - I'm waiting to officially swatch anything for the blog until I get a light box and can take MUCH better pictures of them**

That said, I wasn't sure how Lubu would go on, but I knew it was in a black base so I grabbed my Max Makeup Cherimoya Matte.n.a in Rated R to go under it. I did 2 coats of Rated R on my pinky, middle, pointer and thumb. While that was drying, on my accent finger, I did 2 coats of Confetti's Black Tie. The formula for this really surprised me. It's sooooo smooth! I wasn't expecting it at all. Definitely a good basic black in my opinion. While that dried, on the Rated R covered nails, I did 2 coats of the ever lovely Lubu Heels. Turns out, it's more opaque than I expected and I didn't need the red after all, but it was already there, so oh well. As that dried, on my Black Tie covered nail, I did 2 coats of OPI's Gettin' Miss Piggy With It. 

All in all I like this mani. Might be fun for a date night, but not for an everyday mani. I do like all the colors I used though. Can't wait to swatch these on their own! Enjoy!



Max Makeup Cherimoya Matte.n.a - Rated R, China Glaze - Lubu Heels, Confetti - Black Tie and OPI - Gettin' Miss Piggy With It



Look at all the glitter! 



 Grrrrrrrr The glitter made a glare :o(  (This happened in all the close up shots... sorry!!)

Ending with my right had, as always! 


So pretty! It's even prettier outside. I love just waiting for the sun to hit the red glitter in Lubu. 

Happy Polishing!!

Becky :o)

You Might Also Like

8 comments